Genius Aftercare Instructions
Genius aftercare is critical in achieving optimal results and for your comfort as your skin heals.
- The skin may have a stinging sensation post treatment. This can be alleviated by the application of the cold vinegar soaks, detailed below.
- Vinegar soaks should be started the day of procedure and continued for as long as needed. Vinegar soaks prevent infection and are cooling relief to the skin.
- Make the vinegar soak recipe prior to your appointment and store in the refrigerator. A glass jar with a lid is ideal, but not required. By making the soak ahead of time, it will be nice and chilled for after your treatment.
- The treated area can be gently washed twice daily with a mild cleanser and lukewarm to cool water.
- A crust may form over the treated area. Do not rub or forcefully remove the crust, allowing them to slough off naturally and preventing scarring.
- Apply a post-treatment moisturizer each time you wash your face per your clinician’s recommendation.
- Limit sun exposure following your treatment and apply a broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen to the treated area daily. We recommend that wearing sunscreen daily becomes a part of your regular routine.
Expected Skin Reactions and Results
- Day One – Day Three Post-Treatment: Redness, swelling, and possibly some bruising.
- Day 3 – Day 7 Post-Treatment: Flakiness, dry skin, and some irritation is possible.
- Day 7 – Day 30 Post-Treatment: Continue to treat you skin with care and gentleness. Remember to be sun safe and wear your sunscreen.
- Day 30 Post-Treatment: Improvements will begin to appear in the treated area, such as: improvement in the appearance fine lines, wrinkles, pores size, scars, and skin tightness.
- Time for your next treatment. Genius RF Microneedling treatments are recommended in a series of three for optimal results with the majority of patients. Some patients may need more. This is all dependent on your individual skin goals.
Step One – Vinegar Soaks
Vinegar soaks can be started immediately after your Genius RF Microneedling treatment.
Use the vinegar soaks throughout the day. Remember, you can NOT overuse this vinegar soak as it speeds healing & reduces the risk of infection. If you skin feels dry, use more of the moisturizer recommended by your clinician.
Vinegar soaks can be done immediately after a procedure until you no longer need them. You can also talk to your clinician about how long you should do them.
TIP: Make the vinegar soak prior to your appointment so it will be nice and chilled for using post treatment. Vinegar soaks need to be stored in the fridge in-between uses. Make sure you have plenty of clean washcloths or gauze to apply the soak. Do not reuse the washcloth or gauze.
Vinegar Soak Recipe – Genius Aftercare
Mix 1 teaspoon of plain white vinegar to 2 cups of water. Solution should be kept in the refrigerator.
How to use the Genius Aftercare Vinegar Soak
Dip a clean, soft washcloth or gauze into the vinegar solution & press the wet washcloth against your skin, gently pressing to ensure the solution thoroughly wets your skin. Repeat for 10 to 15 minutes, 4 to 8 times a day. Do not rub your skin. Gentle pressure only. Remember to keep the solution in the refrigerator.
Step Two – Skincare & Sunscreen – Genius Aftercare
This step is started the day after Genius RF Microneedling.
You can start washing the area with a gentle cleanser and lukewarm to cool water twice a day, patting gently dry. Do not wash the area on the day of treatment.
After washing and patting dry, apply a post treatment moisturizer, as recommended by your clinician.
During the day, top with a sunscreen recommended by your clinician.
Sunscreen should always be worn during the day and is even more critical following a Genius RF Microneedling Treatment. Wearing a Broad-Spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen daily is crucial to achieving and maintaining optimal results from your Genius treatment.