PRP Hair Restoration
The PRP Hair Restoration treatment uses your own platelet-rich plasma to stimulate hair growth. Following a simple blood draw, a spin in the Eclipse centrifuge allows us to collect the highest concentration of platelet-rich plasma (PRP). This PRP is then injected into your scalp through microneedling to stimulate hair growth.
What is PRP?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is an autologous concentrated preparation of platelets and the associated growth factors in a small volume of plasma. Platelets are a natural source of a number of growth factors in their natural and biologically-determined ratios.
What does PRP do?
PRP releases growth factors which regulate the healing cascade by signaling to surrounding cells to repair damaged tissue and regenerate new tissue. In the case of the PRP Hair Restoration, the released growth factors signal the body to grow hair in the targeted area.
Key growth factors involved in this process include but are not limited to:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)
- Transforming Growth Factor group (TGF)
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF)
- Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF)
HOW DOES MICRONEEDLING WITH A PRP HAIR RESTORATION WORK?
Microneedling causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. For a PRP Hair Restoration, the result is regrowth of hair .
THERE ARE THREE PHASES TO THE WOUND-REPAIR PROCESS:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue or hair.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
We recommend starting with a consultation to see if the PRP Hair Restoration Treatment is right for you.