What is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is an autologous concentrated preparation of platelets and the associated growth factors in a small volume of plasma. Platelets are a natural source of a number of growth factors in their natural and biologically-determined ratios.
What do Platelets do?
Platelets release growth factors which regulate the healing cascade by signaling to surrounding cells to repair damaged tissue and regenerate new tissue. Key growth factors involved in this process include but are not limited to:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)
- Transforming Growth Factor group (TGF)
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF)
- Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF)
PRP Hair Restoration – a simple blood draw and spin in the Eclipse centrifuge allows us to collect the highest concentration of platelet-rich plasma. We then inject the PRP into the scalp to stimulate hair growth in the area of concern.