CHEMICAL PEELS – Diminish Signs of Aging
Want a younger, brighter complexion? As we age, the cumulative effects of sun exposure, pollutants, and scarring, age our skin. Chemical peels are an effective way to diminish those signs of aging and leave you feeling rejuvenated.
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
What to Expect:
During a chemical peel, people feel a sensation similar to a sunburn. Washing with cool water, using cool compresses, staying hydrated and using moisturizer can help. Most treatments come with post-care products.
There are a few different types of chemical peels and even a facial that includes a peel, our Illuminize Facial.
- Melanage Peel
- Mini-Melanage Peel
- Meladec Décolletage Renewal Peel System
- VI Peel
The Melanage Skin Lightening System is most commonly used to treat stubborn pigmentation and melasma also known as the ‘Mask of Pregnancy’. It will also help improve skin tone and texture, and fine lines. This treatment leaves you with clearer, more beautiful, glowing skin.
- Sun Spots
- Poor Skin Texture
What areas can be treated:
The Full Melanage Skin Lightening treatment can be used on the face. The Melanage Mini or Meladec Décolletage Renewal Peel may be used on the neck or chest.
What to expect:
- The mask is applied during a spa visit where it is freshly compounded to ensure its potency and reliability. The mask remains on the skin for 5, 8 or 10 hours, depending on the skin type.*
- The mask is then removed at home after the required length of time prescribed by your aesthetician.
- There is an easy-to-follow, but strict, at-home regimen included with the treatment. It will include everything needed to care for your skin in the following weeks.
- The full Melanage peel may only be required every 12 months.*
- Most but not all patients experience peeling skin after the treatment.* Peeling generally starts on day 2 or 3 and is at its worst for the first 3 days.*
- Your skin may feel tight and dry, similar to a sunburn, but it is not painful.* Redness may be present for 1 to 2 weeks.*
For more on what to expect, visit Melanage Peel.
Great for younger skin that is prone to breakouts, the Mini-Melanage Peel is a superficial peel designed to improve*
- Texture of skin
- Targets uneven skin tone
This chemical peel involves one of our expert aestheticians applying the medicated masque to the skin in the spa and an at-home regimen. All at-home products are included.
The Mini Melanage™ may require a series of 4 treatments that will be scheduled 3 weeks apart.*
Meladec Décolletage Renewal Peel System
Meladec Décolletage Renewal Peel System represents a new generation of chemical peel that does not burn, wound or injure the skin, specifically formulated for the décolletage/chest. Meladec challenges the belief that cellular injury is required to effectively modulate skin renewal. Virtually painless with very low risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Meladec is supplied as a kit combining in-office procedure supplies along with comprehensive patient home care.
The Vi Peel contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types, for dramatic results with virtually no pain, no skin preparation and little downtime. Some of the potential benefits of The Vi Peel include*:
- Improves tone, texture, and clarity of skin
- Reduces spots, freckles, and hyperpigmentation
- Softens lines and wrinkles
- Clears acne conditions, reduces acne scars
- Stimulates the production of collagen, for firmer skin
VI Peel Precision Plus – This breakthrough formula from VI Aesthetics is designed with a unique dual booster system to fade pigmentation, reduce age spots and correct discoloration on the skin. An aesthetician will apply the peel to the skin and explain home care. Home care products are provided.
VI Peel Purify Precision Plus – also known as the “Purify and Correct Peel”, this peel is our most comprehensive for acne and acne scarring. The formula works synergistically to combat active acne symptoms while repairing dark areas or marks on the skin. Home care products are provided.
*Results may vary from person to person. Some experience results faster than others.