The Melanage Skin Lightening System is most commonly used to treat stubborn pigmentation and melasma also known as the ‘Mask of Pregnancy’. It will also help improve skin tone and texture, and fine lines. This treatment leaves you with clearer, more beautiful, glowing skin.
What is the Melanage Skin Brightening System?
The Melanage Skin Brightening System is a chemical peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyper-pigmented skin, which involves a medicated invisi-mask applied at Revive and an at-home regimen. This peel is safe and effective for all skin types including dark skin. There in no pain and little-to-no irritation during the application of the mask. Typically, the irritation level on the following days is more like a sunburn.
How does the peel work?
Melanage Peel is applied during an office visit after the peel is freshly compounded by your Aesthetician. Application takes approximately 20 minutes with a uniform layer being applied. Patients will leave the office with the peel on their face, which remains on for required length of time per instructions from their aesthetician. The remainder of the treatment will continue at home with a follow-up visit. Patients are responsible for adhering to an easy-to-follow, but strict at-home regimen involving the application of included products.
What results can I expect?
Results will vary, but generally patients will see improvement in skin tone and texture. Dark spots will lighten, complimented by an improved skin texture and tone. Although most patients experience peeling of their skin up tp 10 days of downtime typically), not every patient will experience peeling. If you don’t notice actually peeling, please know that you are still receiving the benefits of The Melanage Skin Brightening System.
The Melanage Skin Brightening System provides the most significant improvement of all our peels, designed to improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and melasma. We recommend two treatments per year for most clients, six months apart, and a follow-up visit 2-3 months after the peel. Suitable for all skin types including darker skin tones. Specially formulated, full-sized home care products are included with each peel.
Benefits of the Melanage Skin Brightening:
- Improves the appearance of epidermal and dermal melasma and brown spots (hyperpigmentaion)
- Diminish acne lesions and scarring
- Reduces fines lines, wrinkles, improve texture, and pore size through collagen stimulation
- Create an overall brighter complexion
- Equivalent to a series of 3-4 Melanage Mini Peels
- Most but not all patients experience peeling skin after the treatment. Peeling generally starts on day 2 or 3 and is at its worst for the first 5 days.
- Your skin may feel tight and dry, similar to a sunburn, but not painful. Redness may be present for 1 to 2 weeks.
- You will want to avoid heat and sun exposure after your treatment. In the future it is important to use sunblock every day (medical-grade, broad spectrum UVA and UVB SPF 30+, ask your aesthetician for a recommendation). Sunblock should be re-apply every 2 hours while in the sun.
- There will be a significant improvement in the appearance of pigmented areas. Dark spots will lighten and skin texture and tone will improve.
- We recommend a follow-up visit with your aesthetician 2-3 months after the peel.
Commonly Asked Questions
How does it work?
The Melanage Peel uses two ingredients, retinoid and arbutin to penetrate the skin and treat discoloration of the skin while speeding up cell turnover. It involves a medicated mask and an at-home treatment regimen.
Is the mask painful or does it burn your skin?
There is not a burning or stinging sensation while the mask is on. It may however feel a little tight and dry similar to a sunburn afterwards. There are products to help eliminate any discomfort.
Book a consultation if you are unsure on which type of Peel would be best for you.
*Results may vary from person to person. Some experience results faster than others.
Great for skin that is prone to breakouts or has pigmentation issues, the Mini Melanage Peel is a chemical peel that is gentler than the Melanage above, and there is less downtime. (Peeling is typically done after a week.). Because it is gentler, a series of 3-4 treatments is generally recommended to achieve optimal results. The Mini is designed to improve:
- Texture of skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Fine lines and wrinkles
WHAT IS THE MINI MELANAGE PEEL?
The Mini Melanage Peel represents a new generation of chemical peels. This peel uses weak acids, combined with potent non-acidic ingredients that do not burn, wound, or injure the skin. For this reason, the Melanage Mini Peel is wonderful for patients looking for a shorter recovery time or have more sensitive skin. While some patients may feel a mild tingling sensation from the peeling solution, the treatment is virtually painless.
How does it work?
Melanage Mini Peel solution is applied during an office visit. The patient then removes the solution after a required length of time, depending on his/her skin type and as prescribed by their aesthetician, at home. Patients leave the office with this peel solution on their face. Patients are then responsible for adhering to an easy-to-follow, but strict at-home regimen involving application of several Melanage products following removal of the mini peel solution. These products are included with the peel kit.
What results can I expect?
Results will vary, but generally patients will see an improvement in the tone and texture of their skin. Although most patients experience peeling (about a week of downtime), not every patient will notice peeling. If you do not see actual peeling, please know that you are still receiving benefits of the peel. Proper skin evaluation will be performed prior to your peel and will help predict the outcome of your peel.
Melanage Mini Peel improves:
- Dermal melasma
- Reduces the appearance of brown spots
- Diminishes acne lesions and scaring
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves textural concerns and pore size through collagen stimulation
- Creates an overall brighter complexion
Recovery time is approximately one week.
With the Mini Melanage™, a series of 4 treatments is generally recommended for optimal results. These should be scheduled 4 weeks apart.