The Melanage Skin Lightening System is most commonly used to treat stubborn pigmentation and melasma also known as the ‘Mask of Pregnancy’. It will also help improve skin tone and texture, and fine lines. This treatment leaves you with clearer, more beautiful, glowing skin.
- Sun Spots
- Poor Skin Texture
What areas can be treated:
The Full Melanage Skin Lightening treatment can be used on the face. The Melanage Mini may be used on the neck or chest.
What to expect:
- The mask is applied during a spa visit where it is freshly compounded to ensure its potency and reliability. The white mask remains on the skin for 5, 8 or 10 hours, depending on the skin type.*
- The mask is then removed at home after the required length of time prescribed by their aesthetician.
- There is an easy-to-follow, but strict, at-home regimen included with the treatment. It will include everything needed to care for your skin in the following weeks.
- The full Melanage peel may only be required every 12 months.* The Mini Melanage™ may require a series of 4 treatments that will be scheduled 3 weeks apart.*
- Most but not all patients experience peeling skin after the treatment.* Peeling generally starts on day 2 or 3 and is at its worst for the first 3 days.*
- Your skin may feel tight and dry, similar to a sunburn, but it is not painful.* Redness may be present for 1 to 2 weeks.*
- You will want to avoid heat and sun exposure after your treatment. In the future it is important to use sunblock and re-apply every 2 hours while in the sun.
- There will be a significant improvement in the appearance of pigmented areas. Dark spots will lighten and skin texture and tone will improve.
Commonly Asked Questions
How does it work?
The Melanage Peel uses two ingredients, retinoid and Arbutin to penetrate the skin and treat discoloration of the skin while speeding up cell turnover. It involves a medicated mask and an at-home treatment regimen.
Is the mask painful or does it burn your skin?
There is not a burning or stinging sensation while the mask is on. It may however feel a little tight and dry similar to a sunburn afterwards. There are products to help eliminate any discomfort.
*Results may vary from person to person. Some experience results faster than others.