Are you ready to book an Appointment?
Bring out your inner beauty with SkinPen Microneedling
SkinPen microneedling is a small device that creates big transformations. Bring your beauty to the surface and boost your confidence with SkinPen.
WHAT DOES SKINPEN Microneedling DO?
Hitting reset on your skin can be as simple as a SkinPen microneedling treatment. SkinPen creates depth-controlled micro-channels (microscopic holes) at a rate of 1600 per second. These wounds stimulate your skin, kicking its healing process into high gear. Best of all, SkinPen doesn’t rely on heat or chemicals, so the results are natural and safe for all skin tones and types.
In a clinical study, 90% of patients said they would recommend SkinPen.
IS SKINPEN microneedling FOR ME?
- SkinPen rejuvenates skin from the inside out for younger-looking skin.
- Results are natural, safe, and effective for all skin tones and types.
- Jump-starts new collagen without heat or chemicals.
- Quick-and-easy with little to no downtime.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
SkinPen is a simple, comfortable, and effective treatment for skin rejuvenation. Most people see results in as few as three 30-minute sessions.
Before a SkinPen microneedling Treatment
Your provider will gently cleanse your skin. Topical anesthesia may be administered to assure maximum comfort during the treatment.
During a SkinPen microneedling Treatment
Skin Pen creates millions of controlled micro-channels in the skin. This jump starts the production of collagen and elastin and encourages the release of growth factors that recruit and increase reparative cells. The result is a cascade of healing processes that can continue for months following your treatment.
The SkinPen treatment lasts approximately 30 minutes. Depending on whether an anesthetic is used prior to treatment, your entire treatment session may last up to one hour- still plenty of time to schedule your treatment before work or during your lunch hour. Be sure to speak with your provider before you come to get an accurate estimate, so you know how to plan your visit.
After a SkinPen microneedling Treatment
Your skin may initially appear slightly pink to red, similar to a mild sunburn. This is normal and should subside within 24 to 72 hours.
Some people see rejuvenated skin after just one treatment, and results may continue to improve for three to six months following your last treatment.
What is SkinPen microneedling?
Performed in a medical spa environment overseen by a dermatologist, SkinPen microneedling improves the smoothness and tone of the skin, from acne and acne scars to other signs of skin aging and skin surface imperfections. During a SkinPen Microneedling treatment, the SkinPen device creates thousands of micro-injuries to initiate the skin’s natural wound repair process resulting in an improvement in the appearance of facial acne scars. These micro-injuries are controlled in depth and dimension, unlike other less-professional devices or at-home treatments. This is critical to the outcome and exponential results achieved by a true microneedling in a medical environment.
Typically, a SkinPen treatment is performed on the face. At Revive Medical Spa, we know the neck needs love too and include treatment on the neck with every SkinPen treatment at no additional cost. So not only will you see improvement in skin tone and texture on your face, but in your neck area as well, which often shows aging quicker than your face will.
How does Microneedling work?
SkinPen microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure developed to treat facial acne scars, skin tone, skin texture, and fine lines. The treatment involves using multiple tiny, sterile needles to puncture the skin simultaneously, in a controlled fashion, to cause physical trauma to the skin. The resulting trauma prompts the derma, a deeper layer of skin, to rebuild and rejuvenate the skin, resulting in a smoothing of the skin with an increase in the skin’s youthful glow. Microneedling treats skin surface issues like irregular texture, scarring (including acne scarring), and aging – fine lines and wrinkles. It also boosts your skin’s glow and smoothness, earning it the nickname as the reverse-aging device.
Ideal results are typically achieved after multiple treatments. However, most patients report improvement even after the first procedure.
Visit our before and after gallery to see actual client results.
How is microneedling a natural treatment?
This rejuvenating treatment causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue and any skin imperfection of texture or tone, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Will Microneedling work for me?
Unlike some alternatives, microneedling has been clinically proven to be effective for women and men and all skin tones.
Is it safe?
Yes, by design. The single-use, sterile needle cartridge is built with safety in mind.
Creating controlled micro-injuries to stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing process, the result is a transformative smoothing of skin, improvement in skin tone, reduction of pigment and acne scars, improve the appearance of wrinkles, and an overall brightening of skin for a healthy glow.
Treatments include the face and neck, an often forgotten area. Microneedling gives your skin the reset that it needs. The devices we use for microneedling are rigorously tested for safety and FDA-cleared. This in-office treatment also has little to no downtime involved. In as few as three treatments, microneedling can make a visible difference . It’s time to get the beautiful, glowing skin you’ve always wanted.
What’s the difference? – microneedling and derma-roller
Our microneedling devices have many advantages over the dermaroller. First, we will numb your face and, therefore, microneedling is less painful and less traumatic on the skin.
The dermaroller has the ability to insert needles into the skin at a 45-degree angle. This tends to create tearing wounds as the drum is dragged across the skin.
SkinPen Microneedling devices insert the needles automatically, at a high rate of speed, at a depth controlled by your skin expert, and at a 90-degree angle, eliminating tearing and potential damaging wounds.
Microneedling is more consistent and more versatile. Our devices are motorized, allowing for controlled, consistent penetration of the skin. Unlike dermarollers, which are manually powered and often result in varied pressure being used, puncturing the skin too deep or inconsistently.
Microneedling can also easily treat areas of the face that a dermaroller cannot such as around the eyes, lips, and nose – which allows your treatment to be more customizable.
Microneedling is more sanitary. Our devices use cartridges that are a one-time, single use with a safety mechanism to prevent multiple uses.
The size of needle in the dermaroller is usually 1 to 1.5mm. Our microneedling device allows us to penetrate the skin up to 2.5 mm to tailor to the client’s individual areas of concerns and skin issues, including fine lines and acne scarring.
Bottom line – microneedling is a more effective treatment in a safe, clean environment under the watchful eye of our trained skin experts.
Who should NOT be treated with microneedling?
Microneedling should not be used on patients who have active skin cancer in the treatment area(s); open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment area(s); an allergy to stainless steel or anesthetics; a hemorrhagic (bleeding) disorder or hemostatic (bleeding) dysfunction; are pregnant or nursing; or are currently taking drugs with the ingredient isotretinoin (such as Accutane).
Your new BFF!
Microneedling is your new best friend when it comes to looking to achieve smooth, glowing skin.
Here’s what you can expect from a Microneedling treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Your skincare expert will recommend a course of treatments based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require additional treatments over the years.
- A comfortable procedure. Your aesthetician will ensure your SkinPen Microneedling procedure is completely comfortable. A topical numbing cream will be applied prior to your treatment. To allow the numbing cream time to numb, the cream will be applied at the beginning of your appointment and given 45 – 60 minutes to completely numb the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. Once the SkinPen microneedling procedure begins, the treatment itself, after numbing, will likely take about 30 minutes to completely treat your face and neck. The neck is an area we always include in a SkinPen microneedling treatment. Most other medical spas will include the neck for an additional cost. We believe that the skin on the neck needs rejuvenation, just like the skin on the face, for optimal anti-aging benefits.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure once numb.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These effects resolve quickly, especially with close adherence to the post treatment care your aesthetician will educate you on, which are very easy to implement. Additionally, every Revive SkinPen treatment comes with the products you need to alleviate any post treatment issues.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. Your provider will recommend an aftercare regimen. Most of these products will be included, specifically the ones you need immediately. We will also recommend a good sunscreen to prevent further skin damage, as the SkinPen treatment is meant to reverse previous damage.