Are you ready to book an Appointment?
What is microneedling?
Performed under the supervision of a dermatologist in a medical spa environment, automated SkinPen microneedling improves of facial acne scars, aging, and other skin surface irregularities. During this treatment, the microneedling device creates thousands of controlled micro-injuries to initiate the skin’s natural wound repair process resulting in an improvement in the appearance of facial acne scars.
Typically, a SkinPen treatment is performed on the face. We know the neck needs love too and include treatment on the neck with every SkinPen treatment at no additional cost.
How does Microneedling work?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure to treat facial acne scars. The technique involves using multiple tiny, sterile needles to puncture the skin and cause physical trauma. This trauma prompts the derma, a deeper layer of skin, to rebuild. Microneedling treats skin surface issues like irregular texture, scarring (including acne scarring), and aging – fine lines and wrinkles. It also boosts your skin’s glow and smoothness, earning it the nickname as the reverse aging device.
Ideal results are typically achieved after multiple sessions, however, most patients report improvement after the first procedure.
Visit our before and after gallery to see actual client results.
How is microneedling a natural treatment?
It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Will Microneedling work for me?
Unlike some alternatives, microneedling has been clinically proven to be effective for women and men, all skin tones.
Is it safe?
Yes, by design. The single-use, sterile needle cartridge is built with safety in mind.
Creating controlled micro-injuries to stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing process, the result is a transformative smoothing of skin, improvement in skin tone, reduction of pigment and acne scars, improve the appearance of wrinkles, and an overall brightening of skin for a healthy glow.
Treatments include the face and neck, an often forgotten area. Microneedling gives your skin the reset that it needs. The devices we use for microneedling are rigorously tested for safety and FDA-cleared. This in-office treatment also has little to no downtime involved. In as few as three treatments, microneedling can make a visible difference . It’s time to get the beautiful, glowing skin you’ve always wanted.
What’s the difference? – microneedling and derma-roller
Our microneedling devices have many advantages over the dermaroller. First, we will numb your face and, therefore, microneedling is less painful and less traumatic on the skin.
The dermaroller has the ability to insert needles into the skin at a 45-degree angle. This tends to create tearing wounds as the drum is drug across the skin.
Microneeding is more consistent and more versatile. Our micropens are motorized, allowing for controlled, consistent penetration of the skin. Unlike dermarollers, which are manually powered and often result in varied pressure being used, puncturing the skin too deep or inconsistently.
Microneedling can also easily treat areas of the face that a dermaroller cannot such as around the eyes, lips, and nose – which allows your treatment to be more customizable.
Microneedling is more sanitary. Our devices use cartridges that are a one-time use.
The size of needle in the dermaroller is usually 1 to 1.5mm. Our micropen allows us to penetrate the skin up to 2.5 mm to tailor to the client’s individual areas of concerns and skin issues, including fine lines and acne scarring.
Bottom line – microneedling is a more effective treatment.
Who should NOT be treated with microneedling?
Microneedling should not be used on patients who have active skin cancer in the treatment area(s); open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment area(s); an allergy to stainless steel or anesthetics; a hemorrhagic (bleeding) disorder or hemostatic (bleeding) dysfunction; are pregnant or nursing; or are currently taking drugs with the ingredient isotretinoin (such as Accutane).
Your new BFF!
Microneedling is your new best friend when it comes to looking to achieve smooth, glowing skin.
Here’s what you can expect from a Microneedling treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Your skincare expert will recommend a course of treatments based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require additional treatments over the years.
- A comfortable procedure. Your aesthetician will ensure your SkinPen Microneedling procedure is completely comfortable. A topical numbing cream will be applied prior to your treatment. To allow the numbing cream time to numb, the cream will be applied at the beginning of your appointment and given 45 – 60 minutes to completely numb the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. Once the SkinPen microneedling procedure begins, the treatment will likely take about 30 minutes to completely treat your face and neck. The neck is an area we always include in a SkinPen microneedling treatment. Most other medical spas will include the neck for an additional cost. We believe that the skin on the neck needs rejuvenation, just like the skin on the face, for optimal anti-aging benefits.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure once numb.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These effects resolve quickly, especially with close adherence to the post treatment care your aesthetician will educate you on, which are very easy to implement. Additionally, every Revive SkinPen treatment comes with the products you need to alleviate any post treatment issues.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. Your provider will recommend an aftercare regimen. Most of these products will be included, specifically the ones you need immediately. We will also recommend a good sunscreen to prevent further skin damage, as the SkinPen treatment is meant to reverse previous damage.