Types of Hair Loss
Causes of hair loss include:
- Family history (heredity). The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition called male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions, such as alopecia
- Medications and supplements
- Radiation therapy to the head
- A very stressful event
- Certain hairstyles and treatments
Many things can cause hair loss. To provide you with the right treatment, it’s essential to know what’s causing your hair loss.
Dermatologists have expertise in diagnosing hair loss and counseling their patients on what may help them regrow their hair.