SkinPen – Microneedling for Smooth Skin
Say Goodbye to Acne Scars with Microneedling and SkinPen!
SkinPen by Crown Aesthetics is the first microneedling device cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up.
It’s estimated that 50 million Americans live with acne each year. Most people have experienced the inconvenience of dealing with acne to some degree, whether as an occasional breakout or chronic acne.
The battle with acne is not easy; it can deeply affect a person’s self-esteem and confidence. While many are able to minimize these effects with treatment, others are left with long-term acne scars that undermine their confidence.
With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance for six months after your last treatment – and step out with confidence.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
SkinPen creates controlled micro-injuries to stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
90% Would Recommend SkinPen to Friends and Family
The World’s First FDA-Cleared Microneedling Device
Come One, Come All
Works for All Skin Types
Get Back to Living With Little Downtime
How does SkinPen work?
It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Will it work for me?
Unlike some alternatives, SkinPen has been clinically proven to be effective for women and men with skin ranging from light to very dark. Likewise, unlike lasers or chemical peels that can damage skin over the long term, SkinPen treatments, when properly spaced and overseen by a physician, can be used for years.
Is it safe?
Yes, by design. SkinPen’s patent-pending – and single-use – sterile needle cartridge is built with safety in mind. SkinPen is also surrounded by a proprietary BioSheath that acts as a barrier to prevent cross contamination between procedures. That’s part of the reason SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the world’s first FDA-cleared microneedling device. Learn more by reviewing our patient labeling document.
Who should NOT use SkinPen?
SkinPen should not be used on patients who have active skin cancer in the treatment area(s); open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment area(s); an allergy to stainless steel or anesthetics; a hemorrhagic (bleeding) disorder or hemostatic (bleeding) dysfunction; are pregnant or nursing; or are currently taking drugs with the ingredient isotretinoin (such as Accutane).
What to expect at your appointment:
Microneedling is your new best friend when it comes to combatting the appearance of facial acne scars. With SkinPen®, get the impressive results demonstrated by their clinical study and the safety of the first FDA-cleared device.
- A plan for optimal results. Your physician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30 minutes.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. Your provider might recommend an aftercare regimen.